As Kappa Alpha Theta prepares for its 71st biennial Grand Convention, we want to remember the women who came together every few years (soon to become every two, on even-numbered years, as we do today) to strengthen the Fraternity and continue its mission to nurture each member throughout her college and alumnae experience and to offer a lifelong opportunity for social, intellectual, and moral growth.
On these pages, we’ve collected highlights from many past Conventions. We hope you’ll enjoy feeling the overall sense of what it was like to attend Grand Convention in a bygone era, as well as reminisce about more recent Convention assemblies.
- Read letters from attendees as they travel to all parts of the United States and Canada to attend Convention
- View photos of Thetas that encapsulate the sense and style of each era: preferred means of travel, trendy items of clothing, popularity of music, and more
- Discover how Convention activities were affected by national and global events, and how Thetas supported their countries throughout difficult times (particularly during the world wars)
- Learn when various Fraternity legislation was enacted
- See what ribbons and gifts were distributed to those attending
Do you have a Convention story to share? Do you have a piece of Convention memorabilia that you would like to donate to the Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity archive? Please share it with us or add comments to the Discussion Board.